Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Shropshire Family History Is It Possible To Trace Irish Family History If You Don't Know Which Area Please?

Is it possible to trace Irish Family History if you don't know which area please? - shropshire family history

I am researching the Downes family in Newport, Shropshire consistently started around 1840 and married in Ireland in Ireland, which is of the family, Toole and Fahy. I have no idea how to start research in Germany. I know that many records were burned. Do I need a region of Ireland and where is the best place to start? are
the name of a type of track?

5 comments:

Deagóir - God Bless Madeleine said...

These are the * James was born in Ireland between 1829 and 1837.
1830 Downs, Westmeath
Downes 1831 Dublin - Father James
Dublin Downs, 1831 - Father John --
Downes 1833 Tipperary
Downes 1833 Kilkenny - The father is Michael
Downs, 1833 Limerick - The father is Michael
1833 Downs Limerick
Downes 1834 Westmeath - Father James
Downes 1835 Limerick - Father James
Downes 1836 Tipperary - Father William
1837 Downs Meath - The father is Patrick

I saw someone in his answer to another question that Jacques had a sister Maria was born c. 1835. Here are Mary was born in Ireland between 1834 and 1836.
Downes 1834 Limerick - Father James
Downs, Westmeath 1834 - The father is Michael
Downes 1836 Westmeath - Father James
Downes 1836 Kilkenny - Father Daniel
Downes 1836 Limerick - Father William
Downes 1836 Limerick - Father Jean --
Downes 1836 Limerick - Father Jean --
Dublin Downs, 1836 - Father John --

* Some county records are not online. From the aboveThe information that is appropriate theres a good chance that James Downes was born in Westmeath in 1834, his ancestors. Marriage certificate of James is the name of his father in December (fourth) 1853 Newport S 6A (flying)) 1489 (page that can help things.

skyynkey... said...

1891 censusfor Shropshire (geocities.com)

Sch.7: 7, the lower bar. Ellen Downes, H, Wid., 40, inks in Paper Mill, E, B. Ireland, Mayo.
Mary Downes, Dau, S, 20, Gen Serv Sun, B. Salop, Newport.
James Downes, Son, S, 21, Mechanical Engineering Laboratory, E, B Salop, Newport.
John Downes, Son, S, 17, Apprentice Draper, E, B Salop, Newport.
well .. Heres a link to the archives of the race a few good http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/a Downes ... ..

dlpm said...

I'm sure you know, see instructions on Cyndi's List of Irish genealogy.

IMO, it is necessary to find the documents of the Church of the United States, as members of many families as possible. Pastors in writing of all kinds of notes of the index of their books of baptisms, first communion, confirmation and marriage, especially if the baptism took place in his parish. If the priest went over the rules, could not conclude a marriage without proof that the baptism had taken place. (I had to show my baptism when I got married in 1975.) I baptized no longer than the opening, was the groom's father in the X-Co, Ireland, but the city or the name also contains the church. And do not forget to follow as "sponsors" for such ceremonies selected. They were usually relatives or friends for a long time.

It seems that a lot of work offline in the future.

dlpm said...

I'm sure you know, see instructions on Cyndi's List of Irish genealogy.

IMO, it is necessary to find the documents of the Church of the United States, as members of many families as possible. Pastors in writing of all kinds of notes of the index of their books of baptisms, first communion, confirmation and marriage, especially if the baptism took place in his parish. If the priest went over the rules, could not conclude a marriage without proof that the baptism had taken place. (I had to show my baptism when I got married in 1975.) I baptized no longer than the opening, was the groom's father in the X-Co, Ireland, but the city or the name also contains the church. And do not forget to follow as "sponsors" for such ceremonies selected. They were usually relatives or friends for a long time.

It seems that a lot of work offline in the future.

Benthebu... said...

I think many documents you require are still in the church, I do not think they have moved to the local registrars.

In an attempt to clarify his family looked me straight in the following websites

http://www.familysearch.org

http://labs.familysearch.org/

http://www.rootsweb.com

Hope this helps

Good luck and good hunting

Post a Comment